Christmas Nativity Trail 2020
At Cookridge Holy Trinity Primary School, Religious Education is taught in accordance with the new Leeds & York Diocesan Syllabus and reflects the distinctive and inclusive ethos of our Anglican foundation. Along with National Curriculum subjects, Religious Education forms part of our curriculum. A high quality Religious education enables us to support pupils in developing their understanding of Christianity and other principal religions, as a contribution to their understanding of the world and their own experience within it.
Aims for Religious Education
At Cookridge Holy Trinity Primary School we value the importance of Religious Education teaching and learning. Within our distinctive context we emphasise:
- A Christian ethos which permeates the whole curriculum, but finds particular emphasis in this subject.
- A wide range of Christian resources.
- Close links with Cookridge Holy Trinity Parish Church and the wider Christian community.
- The faith commitment of governors and staff.
- The Christian foundation of the school.
- July 2021 – 3R creating their own Rangoli patterns
- June 2021 – 2S A-cross the world art
- June 2021 – Year 6 RE Day – Latin American Crosses
- June 2021 – 2J Learn about the St Thomas cross from India on A-Cross the World afternoon.
- June 2021 – 4L making Egyptian ankh crosses using clay
- June 2021 – RE day 2021 (1RB class)
- May 2021 – 1A learn about Sukkot
- May 2021 – 1A complete the Easter trail
- April 2021 – 4L Easter Story trail
- March 2021 – Year Two Easter Egg RE trail