Christmas Nativity Trail 2020
At Cookridge Holy Trinity Primary School, Religious Education is taught in accordance with the new Leeds & York Diocesan Syllabus and reflects the distinctive and inclusive ethos of our Anglican foundation. Along with National Curriculum subjects, Religious Education forms part of our curriculum. A high quality Religious education enables us to support pupils in developing their understanding of Christianity and other principal religions, as a contribution to their understanding of the world and their own experience within it.
Aims for Religious Education
At Cookridge Holy Trinity Primary School we value the importance of Religious Education teaching and learning. Within our distinctive context we emphasise:
- A Christian ethos which permeates the whole curriculum, but finds particular emphasis in this subject.
- A wide range of Christian resources.
- Close links with Cookridge Holy Trinity Parish Church and the wider Christian community.
- The faith commitment of governors and staff.
- The Christian foundation of the school.