Times Table Rockstars
This academic year, all children in Key Stage 2 will have access to: Times Table Rockstars
When it comes to times tables, speed AND accuracy are important – the more facts your child remembers, the easier it is for them to do harder calculations. Times Table Rock Stars is a fun and challenging programme designed to help pupils master the times tables. To be a Times Table Rock Star you need to answer any multiplication fact up to 12×12 in less than 3 seconds!
Teachers in KS2 will ensure that children are familiar with the website and know how to log in and start the activities independently. Teachers have set the objectives for different year groups to ensure that it is relevant to each child.
To log into Times Table Rockstar, go to https://ttrockstars.com/ and put in the school name, with your username and password. You can also download the app for free on your phone or Ipad.
What you need to know:
- The Garage and Arena games have times tables set by the teacher, which will change week to week. The Garage is a game on your own to set your best speed, whereas Arena is against others from the class (on the set times tables).
- The Studio is on your own, on any multiplication or division calculation up to 12×12 and also sets your best speed.
- The Festival is against others around the world and is also up to 12 x12.
- All games also include some division questions (around 1 in 5 questions).
- We suggest you practise on Garage mode most to start with – aim to get a personal best speed. If class mates are online, you can play against them in the Arena mode. These 2 modes will have the times tables we will be focusing on in class.
- The quicker you get at answering questions, the better Rock Status you receive!
Please watch the videos below for more guidance on this new, exciting programme.
Times Tables Rock Stars Launch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p72cgbzdJBE
Certificates will be handed out to the children who have improved the most each week, and also for those who have got the most correct answers.
We have already had a great buzz about becoming Rock Stars in school, please encourage your child to play on Times Table Rockstars. 5 minutes a day will help improve their accuracy and speed – as well as helping them become a Rock Hero!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to Miss Collinson (Maths leader) or your child’s class teacher.
Miss Collinson (Year 5 teacher and Maths leader).