At Holy Trinity Primary School, We are passionate about developing and promoting Art and Design through an enjoyable, creative and cross curricular approach. We are committed to providing all children with the opportunities to engage and succeed in Art and Design, regardless of background, language and or special needs through high quality, differentiated teaching. We encourage children to share and explore both their own and new diverse cultural experiences in the arts. As well as focussed high quality teaching of the National Curriculum Programs of Study in classes, we enrich our children’s learning and experiences of Art and Design through after school club opportunities and the use of external agencies. Alongside encouraging creativity we aim for children to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding or Art and Design. At Holy Trinity Primary School, we aim to ensure that all our children thrive, succeed and achieve their potential.
At Holy Trinity we endeavour to cover the National Curriculum aims by:
- producing creative work, exploring ideas and recording experiences
- becoming proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluating and analysing creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- knowing about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
(National Curriculum in England, Art and Design Programme of Study, updated 2014)
Superheroes of Leeds!
The Tetley art gallery are on the hunt for superheroes in our city. Seemingly normal people do extraordinary things. If you have a superhero who has helped you in the last year, why not draw a picture, write a paragraph, take a photo or even make a film to be featured in a gallery later this year.
If you are interested then use this link to download the application form, or ask your teacher to print one for you.
More information can be found here.
- May 2021 – 4H River Nile Art
- May – 4L cross-hatching pyramids
- April 2021 – 4H Cross Hatch Pyramids
- April 2021 – Year Four Easter Egg Trail
- March 2021 – Year Four Digital Roman Mosaics
- March 2021 – 4H Roman Column Architecture
- March 2021 – 4L Roman column architecture
- December 2020 – 3W creating Lowry-inspired cityscapes
- December 2020 – 3W creating Matisse inspired art work
- November 2020 – 1A sculpt clay hedgehogs
- November 2020 – Year 1 study Andy Goldsworthy
- November 2020 – 2S Silhouette art
- November 2020 – 1A skeleton collage
- November 2020 – Year 1 Hanoch Piven portraits
- October 2020 – 4H Space-bat angel dragon art
- October 2020 – 4L Space-bat angel dragon art from The Iron Man
- October 2020 – 4L Iron Man using chalk
- October 2020 – 4H Iron Man Chalk Art
- October 2020 – 2S Using watercolours
- October 2020 – Year 2 Kandinsky art
- October 2020 – 3R creating their own Lowry inspired seascape using water colours
- October 2020 – 3R using water colours to paint the different continents
- September 2020 – 3W producing Lowry inspired water colours
- September 2020 – 3W looking at seascapes by Lowry
- September 2020 – 3R looking at seascapes by Lowry
- 2J painting colour wheels in art