At Cookridge Holy Trinity Primary we have daily acts of Collective Worship, in which pupils, staff, clergy and visitors are actively involved. Our daily Collective Worship is linked to our school ethos and our school’s Christian Values.
A list of our Collective Worship weekly themes is available for the whole school year. These themes link to our school’s core Christian Values (see R.E policy) and also include some themes which link to our major Christian festivals. In the classroom and weekly school newsletter, each half term’s Christian Value, memory verses of Bible quotations and our ethos statement are displayed.
Special celebrations take place at:
Significant times of school year e.g Trinity Day
A variety of types of Collective Worship are reflected in the relatedness between school and the Parish Church of Holy Trinity, Cookridge. Participation in the end of year services, Easter and Christmas services provide opportunities for the children’s experience to be focused outside the more familiar setting of the school premises and enriched by that process.
Aims for Collective Worship
- To use Collective Worship for the children in order to meet their expectations and needs.
- To enjoy worshipping together.
- To stimulate imagination and encourage participation.
By these means to enable the children:
- To gain a clear and concise understanding of Christian teaching and practice with reference to the teachings of the Church of England and the Holy Scriptures.
- To reflect and be encouraged to perceive the spiritual dimension of being human.
- To give thanks to God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- To encourage respect for others and to explore and discover relationships and diversity.
Collective Worship Photos 2017 – 2018
- April 2018 – KS2 Easter Service at Holy Trinity Church
- Cookridge Methodist Church Christmas Tree Festival
- November 2017 – Year 5 shared worship
- November 2017 – Year 2 – Great Fire of London assembly
- October 2017 – Hats off day!
- October 2017 – Worship Team Shoebox Appeal
- October 2017 – Reception and KS1 Harvest