Early Years Foundation Stage
At Cookridge Holy Trinity Primary School we are passionate in providing opportunities for ‘the best for every child – a unique child of God’ in a welcoming, warm and inclusive environment, in which each child will develop as an individual, and achieves their full potential. We are committed to providing a high-quality early years’ education, which gives children a secure and confident start to their school life and nurtures a lifelong love of learning. At Cookridge Holy Trinity School we greatly value the importance that the EYFS plays in laying secure foundations for future learning and development. The knowledgeable and passionate staff create positive relationships that care, nurture and challenge all children through high quality interactions. The engaging and purposeful environment, is skilfully planned so that children can immerse themselves into learning, embedding skills and knowledge so that they become independent, motivated and active learners. We provide a comprehensive, rich curriculum that enables each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually to their full potential.
At Cookridge Holy Trinity Primary School, we will:
- Provide a happy, safe, stimulating and challenging learning environment in which the children develop a love of learning.
- Provide the best possible start to their school journey and build the foundations to enable them to fulfil their individual potential.
- Provide rich learning experiences which develop children’s sense, awe and wonder of the world around them.
- Nurture children’s curiosity, creativity and independence.
- Through strong, positive relationships with children we will ensure all children feel safe, secure and valued.
- Provide a broad, balanced, relevant and creative curriculum that is purposeful and meaningful.
- Facilitate experiences and knowledge which will prepare the children for future success.
- Develop excellent relationships with parents, carers and families to build a strong partnership for learning.
- Use and value what each child can do, assessing their individual needs and support each child’s learning journey ensuring that all children make exceptional progress from their starting points.