Free School Meals
Children may be eligible for free school meals if their parents or carers receive any of the following benefits:
- income support
- income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190
- the guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with an annual income of less than £7,400
How to apply
If you think your child could be eligible for free school meals, you can apply online or by completing the claim form.
If you pay council tax in Leeds
If you live in Leeds and you do not already receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, you will need to complete the online form.
If you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, complete and return the free school meals claim form (Word 0.3MB) to:
Welfare and Benefits (FSM Claims)
Leeds City Council
PO Box 911
If you require any further information please contact the school office.