Welcome to the Holy Trinity PTA Page!
Who are we and what do we do?
We are a small group of parents and teachers who meet approximately once a month to plan and organise fun events and activities which raise funds that are used within the school to benefit the children. We also discuss how to allocate the funds raised following requests received from the school.
We are a very informal group and membership changes every year, but we do have a committee that ensures everything runs smoothly – the current members of this are:
Chairman: Natalie Drake, parent of Dexter (Y1)
Vice-Chairman: Suzannah Stott, parent of Lucas (Reception)
Secretary: Jo Askey, parent of Amy (Y6), Sophie (Y3) and Jessica (Y1)
Treasurer: Lucy Dodds, parent of Isabelle (Y2)
How much money do we raise and what does it get spent on?
In the 2016/17 school year, the PTA had a very successful year of fundraising and we finished with an overall profit of £10,877 once all costs had been deducted.
Some of the most profitable events were the Christmas Fayre, Summer fayre, Holy Trinity’s Got Talent and the school discos.
Other fundraising activities included:
- Parents’ Quiz Night
- Reception Tea Towels
- Christmas Cards/Gifts
- Mother’s Day & Father’s Day gift events
The funds we raise are for extra items for the children and the more we raise the more we can provide for the school. We are always open to new fundraising suggestions and ideas from teachers and parents. Please see details below of how you can get involved.
Examples of what some of the funds have been spent on over the last year
- New playground markings
- Active Inspire Handsets for Year 4
- iPads for Reception
- Leavers books for Year 6
- Leotards for Gymnastics pupils
- Good to be Green disco
- Whole school end of year event – circus day
If you have any suggestions on what future funds could be spent on please let the PTA know (see details below)
What you can do to help
- Get Involved! We are a small group and would welcome new members and/or suggestions so please consider coming along to a meeting (see the school calendar for date) or send a suggestion for an event through to the link below.
- Volunteer for Events. Some of the events need adult helpers to work – this usually only involves manning a stall for a fayre or disco for an hour and no experience/sales acumen is required! The more volunteers we get, the more stalls we can have and the more money we can make for the school.
- Make suggestions. Even if you can’t make a meeting or volunteer to help at an event, you might have a really good idea for fundraising or where the money could be spent – please feel free to send this through either to the PTA email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by using the suggestion box below.
Active Inspire Handsets
Nativity costumes and backdrop
New Playground Equiptment
New school iPads
Whole school circus day