Social networking is the fastest growing area of the internet with over 3000 social networking sites.
Some sites make it very easy to see personal information and photos.
It is essential that all children are aware of how to use the web safely.
Check out these links to stay safe on the web!
Simple rules for keeping your child safe
To keep your child safe they should:
- ask permission before using the Internet
- only use websites you have chosen together or a child friendly search engine
- only email people they know
- ask permission before opening an email sent by someone they don’t know
- not use Internet chat rooms
- not use their real name when using games on the Internet (create a nickname)
- never arrange to meet someone they have “met” on the Internet
- tell you immediately if they see anything they are unhappy with.